In line with CAE’s philosophy based on continuous innovation and evolution, the leading e-learning company has developed new features for its educational platforms – both LMS and LCMS.
These new features bring about a great advance in the learning experience in terms of quality, setting CAE apart. Additionally, they represent an important technological advancement which reinforces the pillars of CAE’s methodology based on three fundamental principles:
- Complete, progressive learning with no omissions or gaps in knowledge, said learning being based on SCORM contents which are perfectly structured and especially interactive.
- Flexibility. The ability to adapt to students’ daily lives, to choose the pace at which learning takes place, and to tailor LMS or LCMS learning platforms in accordance with the characteristics and training needs of each educational institution or company.
- A “learning by doing” mentality. A philosophy applied by stimulating practice and participation through multiple resources for socialization and motivation which enrich learning, making it more dynamic.
How can we improve the most advanced learning experience?
More resources, more tools, more features… CAE’s learning platforms go further.
The new features mainly affect the new course and monitoring models. Through said new features, CAE makes adaptation to teaching processes and nuances in academies, schools, and universities easier. Likewise, the learning platform has been perfected thanks to different tools developed for content creation. This, in turn, gives course instructors the ability to add and integrate their own materials into the course syllabus.
As an example, the new weekly course format is especially useful for face-to-face classroom teaching and blended teaching methods. Why is this? It is aimed toward groups of students who are doing a course at the same time (as is the case in schools, universities, academies, etc.). In this weekly format, each activity on the course syllabus is assigned to a specific course week. In this way, the planning and organization of work is simplified for each group of students. Additionally, in order to make learning more flexible and take full advantage of all resources, the new features of the LMS developed by CAE allow instructors to decide if the students in a particular group can see and do activities from previous weeks or future weeks.
New formats, new contents, new times.
To top off all the advancements, the new content creation tools add multiple activity formats. With these tools, course design is simplified and the learning experience is enriched. Some of the most important tools are as follows:
- Creation of manuals and documents with built-in editing tools.
- Creation of interactive tests with the built-in editor.
- Import of QTI tests, and test creation with the CAE-Crea tool.
- Import of SCORM activities.
- Word, PDF, and Excel Documents.
- PowerPoint Presentations.
- Local videos.
- Videos on YouTube.
- Links to websites.
- Text exercises, file transfer, and/or voice recording.
- Cooperative activities in forums.
- Online VCR classes (free access or closed sessions).
Additionally, over the next few weeks, the following functionalities will likewise be available:
- Webcam recording of presentations by the course instructor.
- Conversation groups.
- Dexway language course content (vocabulary, grammar, typical situations, etc.).
LMS advances in terms of evaluation and monitoring.
In terms of the advancements designed to measure effectiveness and results, the ability for each course to define a tailored evaluation model stands out. To accomplish this, results are weighted in accordance with different categories and weights. For example: theory classes 30%, practical exercises 30%, final exam 40%. Each individual activity can be associated with a category, with its corresponding weight and easily-configurable nature (optional activities, automatic evaluation or evaluation by the course instructor, etc.) – all of which is accessible inside the learning platform.
In terms of group monitoring, the instructor or teacher has new tools to view and monitor group progress. There is a new feature which allows for comprehensive group management, organized in accordance with the syllabus contents for each course. This option will allow instructors to discover the need to delve deeper into certain content points and to adapt the pace of learning to the group.
Undoubtedly, CAE continues to add value to the teaching sector with its 35 years of vocation and dedication to e-learning – and it is doing so with new features for its LMS and LCMS which help to strengthen the company’s leadership, its status as a pioneer in innovation, and its ability to provide services to more than 2.5 million trained students worldwide. All of this makes CAE a trusted player in learning project consulting.
You may also find interesting: